Saturday, January 10, 2009

On the Play Station 3

As many are aware, I am quite in wanting of a PS3. Usually, I would call buyers of this item afoul labeling them "race traitors" for straying from the pure Nintendo path, yet it has become almost a necessity with the advent of the Blu-Ray DVD. With a PS 3, I will be able to play blu-ray films when it becomes the primary medium, play games and surf the internet (though I will never). This is all for the low low price of six hundred dollars. So obviously, I will not be buying this product all that soon, though it will always stay in the back of my mind.

Unfortunately, my dreams of a PS3 induced euphoria are slightly cracked now, when I found out that the device cannot play the games of its predecessor. It can play PS1 games, but not PS2. I was outraged at this, the only reason I would consider it an entertainment system would be if I could play the many JRPGs of years passed, namely Final Fantasy and Kindom Hearts.

No comments: