Thursday, January 29, 2009

On coming cinema and stuff I draw'd

I like movies. I watch them a lot. My class cannot have a trivia game based solely around film, lest they fall to my prowess. I've noticed some moving in the cinematic cesspool and I thought I may as well comment on them, seeing as I just got my net back.

The Karate Kid Remake
They (Because Hollywood is run by the corporations) are planning to remake the Karate Kid, an eighties favourite of mine. I have the collector's edition, which contains the first three. Though, nostalgia aside, I fear for this movie. While the original actor of the title character, Ralph Macchio states that it "is an honour" to have his film remade, I'm worried for the plot inconsistencies. The lead actors are Jaden Smith, son of Will, playing the young martial arts student Daniel LaRusso. Unfortunately, Jackie Chan was chosen to play the timeless Mr Miyagi. While I like Jackie (mostly for his Chinese films), the story wouldn't make sense if it were a Chinese (Aussie) man teaching Daniel, then it would have to be called Kung Fu Kid. Still, I'm going to watch the movie. In fact, I'll watch the series tonight.

Anime Lookalike

Has anyone noticed that Tom Cruise in his role for Valkyrie looks an awful lot like Roy Mustang in Full Metal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa? It makes sense, they were both trying to overthrow a Fuhrer.

Photobucket
roy



He's just not that into you


I want to see this movie. It has a good cast, featuring Scarlett Johanssen (need I say more?) and Justin Long (from a favourite of mine, Waiting...). The director, Ken Kwapis, has knowledge of the field, though he's no Amy Heckerling. Also, from the depths of heatwave induced boredom, I draw'd this:

No comments: