Thursday, February 19, 2009

On the Dividing Line

I consider myself liberal. Yet so many times I find my heart swaying down the conservatives lane. Take abortion, I don't want the fetus to "die", but I want people to be free to make the choice. Who am I to say what one can or cannot do? Abortion should be a service, free to anyone, albeit not used by everyone. If I ever impregnated anyone, I hope (I cannot say for sure until I'm in the situation) that I would wish her to keep it. Though, in the end, the choice lays with the woman. I digress from my tangent as always to get back to my point. Why is it called Pro-Choice OR Pro-Life? That implies that its life or the alternative (ie death). I want people to have the choice, and my personal choice is for my hypothetical fetus not to be taken from this world. Is that so much to ask?

No comments: