Friday, November 21, 2008

Music: Downloading, playing and listening

I like music in most, if not all, of it's forms. I do prefer "oldies" as that was the music I was weaned on. As of October 2008, I've found myself listening to more and more modern pop music, though I've always enjoyed a few songs. I've got a relatively small CD collection, but if I see something for cheap enough I'll invest in it. Currently being in want of an Mp3 player, I'm finding my only outlet to hearing new music is through either youtube or music television, the latter of which I watched sporadically this morning.

In recent musical news, British pop star Lily Allen is set to release a new album. I like miss Allen's work, it has a nice rhythm as well as being fairly funny at times, plus she's the best ecstasy dealer turn singer on the market today. The best female, that is. The Kings of Leon are coming down for a tour in early March next year. All of my friends are excited, though I'm at odds to care. Firstly, tickets are ninety dollars, which is relatively cheap but still out of my price range. I'm not too big a fan of the Kings, I've heard some of their songs, I didn't like Charmer but I enjoy Sex on Fire.

When in comes to downloading music, I rarely do it. I only download out of necessity, such as hearing a song in a movie and it not being on a soundtrack, or specifically, that soundtrack not being released here (Drawn Together). If I do download a song, I'll usually end up falling for the band and buying their albums if fiscals approve.

To really simplify my tastes, I like acoustic songs, covers that take a song in a new direction and parodies. As for youtube musicians, I recommend David Choi and James At War.

No comments: